• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Any chance the ANN forums might support some form of darkmode?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:38 pm Reply with quote
I generally use a universal dark-mode setting when web-browsing, but it has this unfortunate side effect on ANN's forums:

i.e., clearly displays the intended-to-be-spoiler-tagged text.

I assume this is a pretty niche concern -- and maybe it's also hard to do anything about, embedded deep in the bbs forums code itself, or something? Just curious, anyway; not a huge deal, but maybe there's some easy solution I've overlooked that would be obvious to someone more familiar with BBS-style forums/ANN.
InfiniteNothingness

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:14 pm Reply with quote
I've long since wanted one too, so hopefully some unobtrusive solution can be found.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:33 pm Reply with quote
As a long time ANN forumite, I can say if having dark mode would improve or not, but if there are demographic of ANN users that would benefit from having dark mode then by all mean (I'm not one of them but I don't mind), please include it so that certain demographic of ANN users can use the website in whatever preference they want.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1