• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Armitage releases linked to the wrong serie

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:51 pm Reply with quote
There's been an error when the Armitage releases were linked to the series in the encyclopedia. Every release is linked to the OAV serie.

The Dual-Matrix releases should be linked to the Dual-Matrix serie, and the Polymatrix/Dual-matrix released should be linked to both (if that is technically possible of course). There's no release in Dual-Matrix right now.

I guess these mistakes will be found faster as people start using the My-Anime feature. Cool
Cassandra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:11 pm Reply with quote
*blink* When I click on them, they go to the individual page for each show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Ok, I've changed all the Dual-matrix releases to the proper anime (what were they doing attached to the OAV???). I've linked the Polymatrix/Dual-matrix set to the anime Polymatrix, so that item can be added either through Dual-matrix or through Polymatrix.

What I'm wondering now is: should I merge Polymatrix into the regular Armitage OAV since it's really just the OAVs with a little additional footage?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ryo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Although it's the same footage, I think there are differences that make it worth keeping them both. For exemple, the english voice cast isn't the same in the movie and the OAV. The movie doesn't even have a japanese voice cast.

I think it's more simple to keep them both than writing "Ross in the movie: actor, Ross in the OAV: actor".
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Doesn't the Polymatrix movie and OAV have different endings, too? Seems like that would be enough to qualify them as two different titles rather than being the same thing.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ryo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:45 pm Reply with quote
I don't remember about the endings. I've lended my Armitage DVDs to a friend so I can't check. Anime smile + sweatdrop
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1