• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anyone watching Shingetsutan Tsukihime?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anlushac11

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Cool

Well its over now.

I thought it ended well but this is one of those series that should have gone 26 episodes.

And...

spoiler[

I was all tearry eyed when Arcueid died. She is one of my favorite anime characters of all time and I really enjoyed watching her experiencing and enjoying life for what seemed like the first time. It was sad when she said Bye-bye to Shiki and left.

I was hoping Arcuied and Shiki would stay together somehow but deep down I knew she wasnt going to be able to stay. Roa should be destroyed now by Shiki and Arcuied's destiny is fulfilleds o she has to move on. And I thought the sex scene between Shiki and Arcueid was very tastefully done.

It seems that the one girl went up on hte roof to confess to Shiki only to be rejected. Talk about bad timing. There is not alot of hope for a second season but boy was it left wide open for one. I would like to see Shiki hook up with either of the maids or his schoolgirl friend (Satsuki?)

]
Amused Observer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:38 pm Reply with quote
And the ending was a glass half-full-half-empty situation to me. Plus: an ending that wraps up all the major outstanding storylines; this isn't always the case w/ anime shows (Ninja Cadet comes to mind). Plus: a realistic way of dealing w/ the budding love relationship. Plus: the spooky-dreadful-dark mood is maintained throughout the entire series.

And now for the minuses. Minus: the most glaring problem, in my view, was the decision to make this show a mere 12 episodes series. The characters are surprisingly rich, and a lot of the storylines that appeared in the game version didn't get transfered over to the anime. Not only that, the time constrains made some of the storylines that DID appear in the anime seem rushed. Minus: the ending. Some of the characters are endearing to the viewers, and so you would hope for certain things to happen at the end, which didn't. So the ending is, in some ways, disappointing to fans.
MasterFuu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:22 am Reply with quote
Just saw all 12 eps. I highly recommend this anime to everyone who wants to see quality anime. I watched all 12 fansubbed eps today (Sunday). I didn't know there was a game based on the anime (or other way around). I'll check it out once its translated into English Smile
Daimonwrath

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Amused Observer wrote:
And the ending was a glass half-full-half-empty situation to me. Plus: an ending that wraps up all the major outstanding storylines; this isn't always the case w/ anime shows (Ninja Cadet comes to mind). Plus: a realistic way of dealing w/ the budding love relationship. Plus: the spooky-dreadful-dark mood is maintained throughout the entire series.

And now for the minuses. Minus: the most glaring problem, in my view, was the decision to make this show a mere 12 episodes series. The characters are surprisingly rich, and a lot of the storylines that appeared in the game version didn't get transfered over to the anime. Not only that, the time constrains made some of the storylines that DID appear in the anime seem rushed. Minus: the ending. Some of the characters are endearing to the viewers, and so you would hope for certain things to happen at the end, which didn't. So the ending is, in some ways, disappointing to fans.

spoiler[I finished it and fully agree that it was stunted, the relationship that was totally there, but the Alcruid goes and kicks the bucket. I'd have to say that yumizika getting denied Shiki's affections was proper but seemed out of place with the mood. I do understand they had to have closure here. The final battle between Goa was interesting but it would have been better for Alcruid to live. However, and the conflicts with Shiki's siblings would still be there for another series. But oh well. Very good, very shoot. Oh, ya I thought Ciel's Tatoos were pretty cool from what we could see. ]

D.W.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
nvspike

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I watched the last episode again last night and I'll take back all the complaints I had about wanting to see another 13 episodes of that. They ended it just when it needed to be finished.

Short, sweet and too the point. Yeah I was sad when it closed, but I get those pangs whenever I finish a good series.

spoiler[Arcueid couldn't have stuck around, she was Shiki's stepping stone on the route to manhood. Having her die was perfect, and it finally gave Shiki the emotional ooph to face his demons (literally Smile ) and then get on with his life.]

Now if they'd only make a show about Ciel and Arcueid's past. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
SkullKnight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Finally got to watch the last ep a few minutes ago. No doubt this will go down as one of my all time favorites.

spoiler[I really wished they made atleast 2 more eps. There was a lot of storyline that I've read about that didn't take place in the anime. Something was suppose to happen to satsuki but they didn't show it and Arc dying tied off the end without much else happening. For a 12 ep series they focused the strongest parts and did it well I guess so I can't complain.
Seeing Ciel's tattoos made her a lot more interesting. explains the ep 8 hotbath situation. Anybody pickup the Soundtrack yet. I ordered it tuesday from Animenation. I loved the music to this series. Anybody else agree?]
Scaramanga

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:43 am Reply with quote
Yeah, what GUTB said...

Having never played these H/Dating-Sim games... I'd have to say the anime adaptations of both Kiminozo and Shingetsutan Tsukihime are both exemplary (Still anxiously awaiting the final ep for Kiminozo though! Gahhh!)

Without giving anything away though, I found the ending of Shingetsutan Tsukihime to be excellent and perfectly fitting. I'm sure it won't please everyone, but hey... I know some people have complained that it was too short at only 12 episodes, but personally, I'd rather watch 12 well-done and succinct episodes or a series than 100+ (and still going) eps of a tiresome series (yeah I'm talking to you Inu Yasha, et al.) Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2