• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What fairy tale villains you want to see star in a Isekai

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zfunk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:32 pm Reply with quote
You know the series I am talking about. Either a person in our world dies and is reincarnated into a fairy tale in the body of a villain, or the original character sees their future or dies and gets a chance and tries to do good.

For me, I am a sucker for a good sibling story. You could say the movie Frozen Isekai in its own way giving its source material, I am sure early drafts had Erza has more of a villain.

While not really a fairy tale, how about Lion King in which Scar is actually nice.

Or perhaps Beauty and the Beast, with one of the snobby mean sisters being the protagonist.

And yes I know there is one about the stepmother and that is fine, I still want one in which one of Cinderella's step sisters gets the opportunity to be a protagonist and a second chance to have a good relationship with her stepsister, but because she knows how the story is suppose to go, she is torn she is going to have to be mean for Cinderella to have in her happily ever after.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:25 pm Reply with quote
There are a couple manhwa about this that are really good. One is A Wicked Tale of Cinderella’s Stepmom, where the protagonist reincarnates as Cinderella’s stepmother, and Not-Sew-Wicked Stepmom, where she’s the evil queen from Snow White.

Both are available in English on Tapas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1