• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Solo Leveling

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tintor2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:57 am Reply with quote
Alphonse Elric nearly killed Jinwoo. Imagine if the guy didn't think about equipping armor. Still I wonder if the animation would be better if the armor was visible to the audience. I mean Ninja Kamui looks weird as heck with that those new suits.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:01 pm Reply with quote
I don't understand why this was called a "job change." His job seemed to be the same as always: go to a dungeon, fight mobs, fight the boss, and survive. The only change was the level of difficulty. If that isn't/wasn't his job, what is his job?
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:06 pm Reply with quote
I had assumed 'job change' was the reward for success in the quest/event rather than a description of it, and maybe referred to switching or hybridizing classes or something (ala Jobs in Bravely Default), but no idea if that's right.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:46 pm Reply with quote
A-1 understood the assignment with the Igris fight and delivered.

I also love how he tossed daggers away to throw hands and he never even ended up using them.
SenseiAgot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I don't understand why this was called a "job change." His job seemed to be the same as always: go to a dungeon, fight mobs, fight the boss, and survive. The only change was the level of difficulty. If that isn't/wasn't his job, what is his job?

The Job Change Quest is just starting. And it's actually not a choice.
tintor2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:49 am Reply with quote
NeverConvex wrote:
I had assumed 'job change' was the reward for success in the quest/event rather than a description of it, and maybe referred to switching or hybridizing classes or something (ala Jobs in Bravely Default), but no idea if that's right.

My guess it's like Haseo from .hack//GU who has a new look every time he levels up his job. Maybe the reason for the cliffhanger is that Jinwoo is gonna have a third form.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:39 am Reply with quote
Honestly, the “limitation” only feels like one until you realize it’ll probably be stripped away once he gets more level ups. Razz
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Well, to say something nice about the thing: it was a nice final scene.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:05 pm Reply with quote
I can say this much, when it came to action-animation and living up to the hype moments of the series, A-1 read the assignment and delivered. That "Arise" scene and Igris' rebirth were perfect.

Hoping the other storylines start to converge more in season 2.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Finished watching this first season and it was pretty boring overall (there is a reason I dropped the LN after the first volume). Furthermore, while they tried to improve the script (i.e. by showing the protagonist visiting his mother earlier), I'm pretty sure at this point that they cut/changed one of the few interesting things in the story that made it less generic (or at least that seems the case so far from what a person who read all the novels and the comics told me--I won't write more not to spoil anime-only people).
That said, I will probably keep watching it for the action and the good musical score (has S2 already been confirmed, by the way?)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7