• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blue Archive the Animation (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:26 pm Reply with quote

Blue Archive the Animation (TV)

Source: Video Game (by Nexon Games)

Demographic:

Animation Studio: Yostar Pictures, CANDYBOX

Genres: action, fantasy

Themes: school

Plot Summary: Kivotos is a huge academic city made up of thousands of schools. Here, scuffles between students with guns in hand have become a daily occurrence. Amidst this, Abydos High School, which is covered in sand, is on the verge of closure. Five students from the "Task Committee" struggle to escape the situation. The story begins to move when they meet an "adult" called "Sensei."

Air Date & Platform:
April 7, 2024 (Sunday)
Available on: Pending

Episode Count / Runtime: Pending
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:17 am Reply with quote
I like for a first episode to leave some thing unexplained and thus entice you to keep watching to get the full picture. On the other hand, I would also like for said first episode to explain at least as much as the five sentence plot summary. If the viewer is not familiar with the game then you are kind of thrown right into the chaos without much of an introduction. That aside, the action is fun, the setting seems interesting though not very logical and the characters are on the quirky side of things.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:55 am Reply with quote
Well, a little bit more was explained this week yet many things still do not make much sense, one of the big ones concerning everyone besides the shooters and sensei being walking/talking animals for some reason. Then there is the president who disappeared yet left the tablet with the ai for sensei to do something with.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:12 am Reply with quote
I have learned to embrace the silliness and lack of logic in the show. Take this week for example: the show tries to make the point that robbing a bank is bad even if said bank is a evil criminal funding one. The episode failed to make that point and given how much fun the gang had doing the robbing and shooting while dressed up it is best to just not think at all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1