• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Girls Band Cry (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:43 pm Reply with quote

Girls Band Cry (TV)

Source: Original

Demographic:

Animation Studio: Toei Animation

Genres: comedy, drama, slice of life

Themes: coming-of-age, music

Plot Summary: Nina Iseri drops out of high school in her second year and aims to enter a university while working alone in Tokyo. Another girl is betrayed by her friends and doesn't know what to do. Another girl is abandoned by her parents, and tries to survive in the city by doing part-time jobs. This world lets us down all the time. Nothing goes as planned. But we want something that we can continue to like. We believe there's a place where we belong. That's why we sing.

Air Date & Platform:
April 5, 2024 (Friday)
Available on: Pending

Episode Count / Runtime: Pending
----------------------------------

Total guess on the genres.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:24 am Reply with quote
Looks like no one is officially releasing this yet.

Episode 1

Okay, this was actually a surprisingly good first episode. I had low hopes because of the CGI and that this is yet another music anime around young women. But I actually think the CGI was actually really good in how it was able to subtly show movement, along with how it took liberty using stuff to heighten things like Nina's dark emotional clouds.

At the least, I wouldn't be surprised if we see some sort of meme come from at least this episode, considering the times it had cute anime girls spoiler[flipping the bird]. It is actually a level of edginess that gets my attention, and actually made me burst out laughing the second time. Not really guaranteed, based on the safe moe aesthetic otherwise, but I kind of hope that it will bring similar edge into future episodes.
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:35 pm Reply with quote
I love the pigeon rocking out in the cold opening.

Now add music plug jacks to refrigerators and ovens for weird camera views.

Calling the parrot and putting on my eye patch and peg leg - will be watching this to completion after the three episode trial.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1